Here in The Nursery School at Edenbridge Primary, we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum and all topics and activities are based on this and the childrens’ interests. We plan a variety of differentiated activities to engage and motivate all children and these may include:
- Supports teaching children to write starting with their own natural movements.
- Builds and strenghtens the childrens upper body, arms and hands.
- Encourages children to feel what a letter looks like and experience it before they start to write it.
- The children use both hands, to make large movements in the air.
- Nursery rhymes
- Singing phonics and games
- Story time
- Name writing
- Re-telling stories using puppets
- Sound sorting
- Alliteration e.g Pink Pig and rhyming games e.g silly soup
- Number recognition
- Finding 1 more and 1 less
- Counting songs – 5 Little ducks
Personal, Social. Emotional Development (PSED)
- Our environment is set up to encourage the children to be more independent and self selecting of resources
- Circle time
- Turn taking and sharing games
- Modeling friendly and respectful behaviour
- Table manners
- Soft play
- Fine motor control (e.g. using tweezers)
- Outdoor play
Understanding the World
- Beebot (programmable toy that teaches directions, giving instructions, local community)
- Learning about cultures and festivities
- ICT (PC games, internet activities e.g alphablocks website, microphones, remote control cars)